Outburst!





Yesterday I went to the movies to see Eclipse.
I was so excited! Yes, I’m one of those people.
The movie is going along and the emotional and physical scenes keep getting more and more intense. We come to the scene where Bella, Edward and Jacob are at the top of the mountain; the guys are playing mental games while trying to keep Bella “safe” from the evil vengeance seeking blood sucking vampire Victoria.

Edward is speaking to Bella in regards to her agreeing to marry him and Jacob is an earshot away and goes crazy jealous! “You’re marrying him?!” He says. Jacob gets infuriated at Bella and runs off, she goes after him trying to convince him not to leave enraged. She’s pleading with him to listen to her and says “Jacob stay!” And out of nowhere I immediately and compulsively follow the dialogue by yelling “Sit boy!” (So, the sequence went something like this…”Stay! Sit boy!”) - For those of you who don’t know, Eclipse is a novel where Bella, the human has a love triangle between Edward the vampire and Jacob the werewolf. - The rows in front and behind me start laughing and my outburst and I think, “Yeah, that was pretty funny wasn’t it” and I’m beaming at my “brilliant” remark.

On the ride home, I start having flashbacks of movies I’ve seen where someone in the theatre yells out something at the screen.
One such incident left me livid! This was during the screening of The Lord of the Rings. I remember sitting a couple of rows behind the dreaded first row. The war scenes being even more intense at this close range. The elves are fighting and everything is moving so fast and I’m totally in the zone here! There’s a close-up of Elrond the Elf …..All of a sudden, some dude yells out “Good morning Mr. Anderson!” (The elf was the same actor that played one of the bad guys in the movie the Matrix) After that outburst he totally ruined the movie for me, which made me mad; but what made me even madder was my husband laughing at me for getting so mad!

Now, onto my point in this blog, I apologize profusely if you were one of the people watching Eclipse and happened to be sitting within earshot of my sudden outburst and I ruined that “magic movie moment” for you. I’ve been there, and it has sucked.
That was my Random Act of Jean during the weekend. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

wibiya widget

Followers

Network blog


Recent Comments