No, I don't want to sign up to save 10%

I went grocery shopping to the same place I always go. I've been going there for about the same time I've lived in the area - a couple of years now. I don't mind the lines or that a product isn't in stock; but what does bother me is the fact that this one cashier can't take no for an answer.


I usually try to avoid her if I can. But when I can't, I have to mentally prepare myself for the usual.
.
cashier: "Do you want to sign up for our credit card?"
me: "No thanks"
cashier: "Why not? You save 10%."
me: "I know, but no thanks."
cashier: Starts scanning my items at a slower rate. She smiles. "Are you sure?"
me: "Yes. "
cashier: "But you save money. Don't you want to save money?"
me: Thinking I should've just left the groceries and ran. "Yes I want to save money. But I don't want the card."
cashier: "But it's 10%!"
me: "Yes, you said that already. NO thanks."
cashier: Looks up and smiles, eyes wide open as to say are you sure? Then reluctantly gives me my change and receipt.
me: Finally on my way out!
cashier: probably thinking..."I'll get her next time...next time."

Has this ever happened to any of you? Make me feel better by saying yes. LOL

-Jean

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

wibiya widget

Followers

Network blog


Recent Comments